Farmville Baptist Church - Est. 1836
The first structure was built and formally dedicated on November 25, 1836. A second church building was built (1855-56) on the present site at 132 Main Street. On September 1, 1885 two women were formerly included on a church committee. Prior to that date all church business had been conducted by the male members. The congregation had outgrown the church space, and another building was constructed (1912-14). The pipe organ, which is still in use, was installed.