Our Waitress at Walker's Diner ("Serving Farmville Since 1952")
The saga begins in 1952, for that was when Allen Nance Fore (1911-1990) and Dr. Robert Jackson Martin, Jr. (1910-1988) teamed up and bought the property upon which the diner sits. Allen Fore was a pharmacist and was the owner of Gray’s Drug Store. Dr. Martin was head of the optical department at Martin the Jeweler’s. When Dr. Martin died in 1988, Fore purchased Martin’s undivided interest from the estate and became the sole owner of this lot. In the spring of 1955, Paul T. O'Neil leased the lot. He then placed an order on March 7, 1955, for “One Master Model 15 Stool Valentine Steel Building” with Valentine Manufacturing, Inc., of Wichita, Kansas. The cost of the diner was $5,000.