N&W Passenger Train Station - Farmville, VA
Looking west from Appomattox Street at the former N&W passenger station. During the steam era there was a water tank were the red caboose is located. At one time there were also two sidings located to the right of the mainline. The station began serving the traveling public on April 29, 1903. Amtrak's Mountaineer traversed the line from March 25, 1975 to September 30, 1979.