The Center for Architecture - Richmond, VA
The Center is in this Tudor-Revival design house built between 1916-1919. The four-story interior has 11 levels counting balconies. The house has 27,000 square feet, 14 fireplaces and 15 bathrooms. Sadly only the first floor was open to the public which is where all the exhibits were. There was a lot of beautiful carved woodwork, doors and interior design of the home itself. The house is still surrounded by its original brick privacy wall. The architect also presented the house with many characteristics unfamiliar to neighboring homes, such as fireproof concrete floors.